Advertisement No. NPSC-1/2014 dt. 03.05.2014 (NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination 2014)
NAGALAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Dated Kohima, the 3rd May, 2014
ADVERTISEMENT NO. NPSC-1/2014
NO.NPSC/ADVT/NON-TECH/1/2010 : Applications are invited for filling up the following vacancies under the Government of Nagaland in the manner prescribed below :
ITEM NO. 1: 20 (Twenty) posts of Extra Assistant Commissioner (Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department, Nagaland.
ITEM NO. 2: 3 (Three) posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police (Class-I Gazetted) under Home Department, Police Establishment Branch, Nagaland.
ITEM NO. 3: 2 (Two) posts of Youth Resources Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under Youth Resources and Sports Department, Nagaland.
ITEM NO. 4: 2 (Two) posts of Station Superintendent (Class-II Gazetted) under Nagaland State Transport, Transport Department, Nagaland.
ITEM NO. 5: 40 (Forty) posts of Secretariat Assistant (Class-III Non Gazetted) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department, Nagaland.
ITEM NO. 6: 2 (Two) Posts of Research Assistant (Class-III Non Gazetted) under Art & Culture Department, Nagaland. (Reserved for Angami and Khiamniungan Tribe)
ITEM NO. 7: 1 (One) Post of Research Assistant (Class-III Non Gazetted) under Administrative Training Institute, Nagaland
Item No. 1 to 7 : Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, including Divinity, from a Recognized University.
Note: Candidates who have appeared Bachelor’s Degree final and awaiting result are also eligible to apply.
SCALE OF PAY :
Item No. 1& 2 : P.B. – 3, Rs. 15,600 – 39,100, G.P. Rs. 5,400.
Item No. 3 : P.B. – 2, Rs. 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. Rs. 4,600.
Item No. 4 : P.B. – 2, Rs. 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. Rs. 4,400.
Item No. 5 : P.B. – 2, Rs. 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. Rs. 4,200.
Item No. 6&7 : P.B. – 1, Rs. 5,200 – 20,200, G.P. Rs. 2,800.
AGE AS ON 01-01-2014: Minimum Maximum
21 yrs. 30 yrs.
1. The upper age is relaxable by :
(a) 5 (Five) years for SC/ST Candidates.
(b) Age relaxation for serving Government Employees shall be allowed the equal number of years they are in service, subject to a maximum of 5 (Five) years.
2. 80% of the vacancies are reserved for candidates belonging to (i) any Naga Tribe (ii) Kuki (iii) Garo (iv) Mikir (v) Kachari, provided, such persons are Indigenous Inhabitant of the State of Nagaland. 25% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging (a) Konyak (b) Phom (c) Sangtam (d) Yimchunger (e) Chang and (f) Khiamniungan. Further, 12% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging to (a) Chakhesang (4%) (b) Pochury (2%) (c) Zeliang (4%) and (d) Sumis of Kiphire District (2%) issued vide Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department Notification NO.RCBT 5/87(Pt-II) dated 14th April, 2011 and 15th June, 2011. The above reservation is out of 80% for Indigenous Inhabitant candidates.
3. There shall be 3% Reservation for Physically Challenged Candidates, wherever applicable, as per Government Notification NO.AR/Gen-9/97 dated 16-01-08.
4. For the Preliminary Examination, there will be one common paper of General Studies only. Syllabus and Pattern of Examination can be downloaded from the Commission’s Website at www.npsc.co.in.
5. Only those candidates who possess degree qualification in any discipline (including Divinity) or awaiting result shall be eligible to apply for the post(s) at the time of applying.
6. For prelims, other documents (Mark Sheets, Pass Certificates etc) are not required. However, candidates must completely fill in the form by providing accurate information in all matters (Date of Birth, etc). If the information given in the Application Form during Preliminary Examination does not match with the certificates submitted during the Main Examination, candidates concerned shall be disqualified and stern disciplinary action taken and may even be debarred from future examinations conducted by Nagaland Public Service Commission.
7. Immediately on declaration of Prelims result, candidates selected for the Main examination must submit attested Photostat copies of the following documents to the Commission:
(a) HSLC/Matriculation/Equivalent Admit Card for proof of Date of Birth. No other Certificate will be accepted for age proof.
(b) Mark Sheets from HSLC/Equivalent onwards till requisite qualification.
(c) Pass Certificate of HSLC,HSSLC & Degree issued by Board/University. In absence of Degree pass certificate issued by University, candidates may submit provisional pass certificate issued by Institution/university.
(d) For physically handicapped candidate, certificate from competent medical authority is required.
(e) Indigenous Inhabitant Certificate (I.I.C.), S.C./S.T. & B.T. (if applicable) certificates. Indigenous Inhabitant Certificate, S.C./S.T. & B.T. certificates should be signed only by District Authority not below the rank of Additional Deputy Commissioner.
(f) For candidates who are Government Employees and still serving, “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” should be signed by the Head of the Department, with Name and Office Seal, along with date of appointment.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING ONLINE:
1. Candidates can apply Online through the Nagaland State Portal at https://nagaland.gov.in or through any NagalandOne Common Service Center (CSC). Details of the Online Application Form (eForm), instructions to the candidates and list of operational CSCs are available on the Commission’s website at www.npsc.co.in.
2. All fields marked as * on the eForm are mandatory.
3. Instructions for uploading photograph and signature:
a. Candidate must upload clear scanned images of their photograph and signature.
b. Size of photograph should be approximately 200 pixels width x 250 pixels height. Size of signature should be approximately 250 pixels width x 120 pixels height.
4. Instructions for making online payment for examination fee:
a. After submitting the eForm, candidate shall click on the Preview Button and review all the details for correctness in the submitted eForm.
b. If any information is incorrect or photograph/signature have not been correctly uploaded, candidate may submit a new application.
c. After candidate is satisfied that all information is correct and photograph & signature have been correctly uploaded, proceed to make online payment.
d. Page will be re-directed to NDML payment page.
e. Candidate will select payment option: Debit Card, Internet Banking, Credit Card.
f. Candidate will select the bank and be re-directed to the bank payment page.
g. Fill in the required details and proceed to make payment.
h. After making payment, page will be re-directed to the State Portal payment confirmation page. Only then, the candidate’s online application form shall be accepted.
5. Candidates who apply individually from any CSC may make payment by cash a sum of Rs. 300 (rupees three hundred only) for examination fee and additional Rs. 50 (rupees fifty only) for CSC service charge which includes scanning, filling up of eForm and transaction fee.
6. Candidates should note down the Transaction ID of their eForm which will be required later for downloading e-Admission Certificate and for future reference.
7. Application containing incorrect or suppressed information in any respect shall be penalized as deemed fit by the Commission.
8. The Online Application Form shall be available from 10:00 hrs 12 May 2014 till 24:00 hrs 25 May 2014 (Last date of submission).
Sd/- SARAH R. RITSE
Nagaland Public Service Commission,